By making a reservation you are entering into a rental contract with Orlando Home Away, and therefore agree to and are bound by Orlando Home Away Terms and Conditions:
1. Reservation Acceptance & Payment
- If the reservation is made more than 30 days before scheduled arrival a 20% deposit is required.
- The final payment is due 30 days before the arrival date. The final payment will be billed to the credit card on file unless other payment arrangements have been made. Payment of the rental deposit sum to Orlando Home Away will signify the full acceptance of these terms and conditions of rental.
- The guest making the reservation must be 21 years of age or older, the holder of a major credit card and must occupy the rental property the entire term of the reservation.
2. Check-in/Check-out Times
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm and checkout is before 10:00 am.
- Early check-ins or late checkouts can be requested for an additional charge. All early check-ins or late check-outs are subject to no other reservations in the property at the time of arrival/departure. As such, these will be tentatively booked and confirmed only within the last 72 hours prior to arrival. It is the guest's responsibility to contact Orlando Home Away within 72 hours of arrival to confirm availability. In the event a guest fails to depart from the property by 10:00 am with no late checkout arranged and results in Orlando Home Away being unable to clean and prepare the rental property for the next arriving guest that day, the departing guest agrees to pay damages and costs incurred by Orlando Home Away; including but not limited to moving the incoming guest to another rental property.
3. Check-in Instructions
- The property will have an Electronic Lock. The door code will be sent upon receipt of final payment and return of the signed rental agreement.
4. Arrival Inspection and Pre-Existing Damage Report
- The guest must notify Orlando Home Away within twelve (12) hours of arrival if there is already any damage or notable conditions.
- The guest is responsible for the cost of any damages sustained to the property, décor, or its contents during the stay; this includes the moving of items to another property, breakages, and any excessive cleaning charges. Smoking and pets are not permitted in the property, and any failure to adhere to this will result in a minimum $500.00 penalty charge.
5. Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW)
- The accidental damage waiver fee for each reservation is non-refundable and will cover reported accidental or inadvertent damages - these must be reported immediately in writing to Orlando Home Away within 24 hours, by email or handwritten letter.
- The accidental damage waiver will become void upon departure; any unreported damage found by Orlando Home Away will be the sole responsibility of the guest who incurred the damage.
- The value of the damage waiver is up to $1,000 for condominium/townhome properties and $1,500 for homes. Intentional damage, theft or gross negligence is not covered and will result in additional costs to the guest.
6. Security Deposits
- A security deposit may be held for selected properties for loss or damage caused to the property and its contents. A security deposit may be required if the number of guests in a property reaches a specific threshold relative to the size of the property. The security deposit may be required after the initial reservation is made based on the number of guests in the home. The security deposit will be fully refundable (within 2 weeks of vacating the property) after a satisfactory status report. Where there is no damage or breakage the security deposit will be fully refunded to your card. The security deposit is paid by credit card with the final balance. Failure to pay a requested security deposit will lead to a cancellation of the reservation.
7. Additional Damages
- Should the guest experience any new issue with the rental property during the stay, the guest must contact Orlando Home Away who will make efforts to rectify the matter. The guest should not attempt to contact the homeowner or the staff of the resort.
- Should a previously reported problem remain unresolved, the guest is asked to notify Orlando Home Away in writing within 7 days of vacating the rental property. No action can be taken or liability accepted for any complaints received after this period.
- The air conditioning in any rental property should not be set below 74 Degrees Fahrenheit (23 Degrees Celsius) by the guests. Setting the thermostat to a lower temperature will not cool the property quicker. Due to the high temperatures in Florida, it can be difficult for the system to cool the internal temperature below this point. Setting the temperature below 74 Degrees Fahrenheit may result in the system freezing up. If this occurs the air conditioning will have to be turned off to allow the unit to defrost. The guest will have no air conditioning during this time and will be responsible for the technician's call-out charges. If the windows have condensation that is a definite sign the air conditioning temperature is set too low and there is a risk of freezing the air conditioning unit. Please keep all windows and doors closed.
- For the spa to be heated the pool heat must be on. A spillover spa or hot tub is not able to be heated on its own. The spillover spas are attached to the pool, using the same water. There is no option to only heat the spa since it is the same water as the pool. When pool heating is chosen in this set-up, the pool and spa will be heated to a temperature around 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit. When in the spa mode, the system will automatically adjust the valves so that the water from the spa is returned to the spa. This bypasses the pool, and the spa will be heated up to between 94 and 102 degrees Fahrenheit. If left in Spa mode the pool will not be getting any heated water and so the pool will cool down.
- Pool/spa heaters operate on a timer and are set to come on in the morning and go off in the evening. There will be some cooling off overnight when the air temperature drops. In the coldest winter months heating the pool can be difficult, with the water temperature dropping down overnight. Florida has a temperate climate but cold fronts can bring overnight low temperatures in the 30's and 40's that can last for several days. Unfortunately, under these circumstances, there is no way the pool/spa heater will be able to keep the water at a temperature in the mid- to high-80s, especially where pool/spa heat is provided via an electric heat pump if the outside air temperature drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Electric heating pumps do not operate effectively below this temperature, and failure of such devices to heat the pool/spa to the desired temperature is outside of the company's control and is regarded as an act of nature. Please note that cold weather does NOT constitute a mechanical failure and no refunds will be given for problems that are due to cold weather.
8. Departure Cleaning
In all Orlando Home Away’s rental properties, there is a one-time departure cleaning fee. The cost of a Departure Cleaning varies by property.
During the stay and at departure all trash/garbage must be properly bagged and recycling, where available, properly broken down and placed in the proper receptacles by the guest. The type of receptacles, collection days, and further procedures will be provided before or during arrival and vary in each community.
9. Reservation General Terms & Conditions
Vacation Homes Use
- By state law, occupancy may not exceed what is posted for each rental property. Maximum occupancy excludes children under three years of age. Only persons listed in this Rental Agreement are permitted to stay in the rental property.
- The reservation is accepted and confirmed only for the number of guests listed on the Rental Agreement. Orlando Home Away reserves the right to cancel the reservation if additional guests are added without prior consent.
- The rental period will begin and end on the dates as shown in the Rental Agreement. Failure to abide by these rules will render the reservation void and all monies will be forfeited.
- The rental property is not to be used to host parties, events, or social/group gatherings. Only guests whose names are on the Rental Agreement are authorized to stay in the rental property. Any guest having an event, party, or social/group gathering in the property or exceeding the numbers of authorized guests will be evicted without refund. Additionally, if it is discovered upcoming guests are hosting a party, event, or social/group gathering in one of Orlando Home Away’s rental properties, Orlando Home Away reserves the right to cancel the reservation prior to the guest's stay, with recompense at Orlando Home Away’ss judgment.
- No drug use in or near the property. Guests are not allowed to use the property for any immoral or unlawful purpose. Any guest who violates any law or ordinance will immediately terminate occupancy without a refund.
- Quiet time is strictly 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time onwards: guests who do not comply and disrupt the peace and quiet will be required to vacate the property without refund.
- Orlando Home Away may not manage adjoining properties. If a neighboring property is breaking the quiet time rules, please contact the neighborhood's security or the non-emergency line at the county sheriff's office.
- The guest must abide by all community, city, county, and state parking rules and laws. Guests must follow posted street signs, particularly rules regarding parking as some communities do not allow street parking overnight or require parking on a specific side of the street.
- Guests park vehicles at their own risk. Orlando Home Away is not responsible for thefts or damages.
- This Rental Agreement may not be assigned or the property sublet. No locks may be broken changed or added; no property keys may be duplicated.
- The property must not be used for amateur or professional video without prior written consent from the owner.
- All of Orlando Home Away’s rental properties are for the purpose of vacations. No business may be registered to or operated from the homes by guests, whether on a permanent or temporary basis.
- The owner of rental properties may maintain a locked area (such as closets, safes, and garages) in each property for the storage of their personal belongings. These locked areas are not intended for guest use and will not be accessible.
- RV Campers, enclosed trailers/tents are not allowed on or near the property, as set forth by the individual community guidelines.
- Guests must agree and abide by all community and Homeowner Association rules for the community in which they are staying.
- All properties are strictly non-smoking in or near the property. Failure to comply with this will result in the eviction of the guest from the property, without recompense or refund and the loss of the security deposit or a charge to the guest's credit card if no security deposit is in place to cover the deep clean costs. The minimum fine for smoking is $500.
- Absolutely no pets are allowed. Failure to comply with this will result in the eviction of the guest from the property, without recompense or refund and the loss of the security deposit or a charge to the guest's credit card if no security deposit is in place to cover the deep clean costs. The minimum fine for having pets is $500.
12. Service Animals
- Certified service animals are always welcome. It is not required, but it is helpful if Orlando Home Away is notified of service animals in advance of check-in.
13. General Safety
- Orlando Home Away cannot accept any responsibility for the guests' personal safety during their vacation. Guests are reminded to exercise care as to the personal safety of themselves and their companions. Use of the pool and any community pool, tennis court, and recreation area is entirely at the guests' own risk. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times in and around the pool areas.
- Pools are used at the guests' own risk.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied at the pools.
- For the safety of children, doors that have direct access to the pool may be alarmed. Tampering or disconnection of these devices is a criminal offense. According to Chapter 515.33 of the Residential Swimming Pool Safety Act: Anyone tampering with or disconnecting pool alarms commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by a $5,000 fine or one (1) year in jail. Please do not tamper with the pool alarms. A minimum charge of $75.00 per alarm will apply for its repair/replacement if tampered with. Alternatively, the property may have a removable pool safety fence located around the pool area. If this pool safety fence is removed during the stay at the home, the guest will assume full responsibility for any and all use of the pool and spa.
- The safety fence (if installed) must be used at all times.
- Games, toys, baby furniture/equipment are used at the guest's own risk. Young children must be supervised at all times.
- It is the guest's responsibility to supervise children at all times. Children under a certain age should not be allowed to use features intended for adults such as gyms, saunas, etc., where they could potentially injure themselves. Children should not be allowed to use items intended for adults, such as billiard tables or other items where they could potentially cause damage.
- If the owner has provided a complimentary barbecue grill free of charge, or a barbecue grill has been hired via any party, be aware that it is being used at the guest's own risk. Guests will be held responsible for any damage caused by use or misuse of the grill. Only use the grill in open, outdoor areas. The grill must not be used in any enclosed areas. Orlando Home Away and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure. It is the guest's responsibility to clean and maintain the grill and replenish propane as required. There will be a minimum cleaning charge of $50 if the grill needs a professional cleaning to enable use by the next guest.
- If the guest ever feels they may be in a life-threatening situation for any reason, the guest is urged to call 9-1-1 immediately before calling Orlando Home Away.
- Because it is nearly impossible for persons who have an allergy to peanut dust to avoid triggering a reaction if peanut dust is in the air, Orlando Home Away is unable to guarantee a peanut-free or allergen-free property. Orlando Home Away cannot prevent previous guests from bringing peanuts or products containing peanuts into Orlando Home Away’s properties. In addition, Orlando Home Away cannot give assurances that remnants of peanuts and/or peanut dust/oil will not remain anywhere in the property.
- Orlando Home Away cannot guarantee that a property will be free of other allergens such as perfumes, lotions, cleaning solutions, etc.
- Guests may not bring into the property pesticides, bleach, sanitizers or air fragrances.
15. Wildlife and Insects
- Florida wildlife may pose a danger. Approach all outdoor areas with caution.
- Never feed or approach wildlife. All pictures must be taken from a safe distance. Common Central Florida wildlife includes, but is not limited to, alligators, snakes, raccoons, foxes, and sandhill cranes. It is very dangerous to allow these animals, and many others, to become accustomed to receiving food from humans, as it may result in future attacks.
- Feeding of Alligators in Florida is illegal. Statute 372.667 makes it a misdemeanor to feed Alligators.
- It is illegal to feed Racoons, Foxes, and Sandhill Cranes - Florida Statute 68A-4.001 lists feeding these animals a misdemeanor.
- Orlando Home Away’s preventative efforts cannot guarantee there will not be an encounter with wildlife, bugs, insects, or pests of all types. Guests agree Orlando Home Away cannot be held accountable for encountering any of the above, whether outside or inside, their rental home.
- Every property is inspected to check there are no pests present. If pests are ever suspected, the guest must immediately contact Orlando Home Away, who will contact a third-party pest control company for further inspection and treatment if deemed necessary.
16. Personal Items Left Behind
- In the event a guest may have left a personal item behind in the rental property. Orlando Home Away will do its best to locate it; however, the owner and the management company are not responsible for any losses. If the item is found, the guest will be advised and given the contact details of a local company that specializes in collecting and mailing package deliveries. The guest will be responsible for arranging collection, shipment, delivery, and any other cost incurred. Any unclaimed items may be donated to charity or disposed of after 30 days.
17. Basis of Rental
- Each rental property comes complete with a fully equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, blender, cookware, dishes, glasses, and utensils. Each Property also includes a full-size washer and dryer, iron, and ironing board. In addition to this, properties come with linens and towels.
- While Orlando Home Away try to provide each guest with everything they will need, there are some items that are not provided in the rental properties. Vacation rental properties are self-catering accommodations. Orlando Home Away provides complimentary starter shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soaps, toilet paper, and trash bags. Once these items are used, it is the guest's responsibility to replenish them.
- Orlando Home Away is an independent property management company that manages privately owned individual rental properties located within resort communities. Orlando Home Away cannot and therefore does not guarantee access to any resort amenities such as, but not limited to, swimming pools, golf courses, fitness rooms, tennis courts, and restaurants. The guest acknowledges that Orlando Home Away is not liable if access to any such resort amenities is restricted due to maintenance, resort policies or any other reason.
Failure to comply with any of the terms herein will, at the sole discretion of Orlando Home Away, result in the eviction of the Guest from the Property, without recompense or refund.
18. Optional Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance is offered through several third-party providers. The cost and coverage of the travel insurance are respective to the third party company.
Orlando Home Away highly recommends guests purchase trip insurance at the time of booking or at least 45 days prior to the reservation if concerned about possible interruption or cancellation of the trip.
For travel insurance coverage information please contact Orlando Home Away.
19. Limitation of Liability
- Orlando Home Away and/or the owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and/or services in the rental property. In the event of failure of equipment, the guest must notify Orlando Home Away within one working day, such that Orlando Home Away may elect to rectify the failure.
- Orlando Home Away and/or the owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the guest from the rental property during the rental period. In the event that property of the guest is lost or stolen, the guest should advise the appropriate authority first, and then contact Orlando Home Away to report the lost or stolen items.
- Orlando Home Away and/or the owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the guest during the rental period.
- Orlando Home Away and/or the owner accept no liability for restricted access or no access to any resort amenities during the rental period.
- The guests understand that there is no lifeguard on duty and it is a major condition of this reservation that the use of the rental property and pool is entirely at the guest's risk. Diving, horseplay or running around the pool area is prohibited; no child in the party or adult non-swimmer will use the pool without adequate adult supervision by a strong swimmer. The guest must immediately report any problems with the pool alarms or pool safety fencing. All guests understand and agree that neither the property owner or property manager can accept responsibility whatsoever in case of accident or illness whilst on the property. Any disputes under this agreement shall be resolved exclusively via binding arbitration according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association for commercial disputes in Osceola County, Florida, applying Florida law. Each party shall pay their own attorney Fees/costs and, the State of Florida shall have exclusive personal and in rem jurisdiction over any dispute.
- Orlando Home Away do not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other force majeure that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest.
- Orlando Home Away cannot accept any liability for the failure of public supplies such as water, electricity, or gas supplies. Nor for the consequences of the actions or omissions of persons who may supply or control main services or any action taken in the vicinity of the property reserved, by any authority or persons over which Orlando Home Away has no control. Orlando Home Away cannot accept any liability for the air conditioning system, telephone, internet or the pool heater or any household appliance breaking down. Urgent steps will be taken for a local engineer to rectify any problem.
- Orlando Home Away accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or alteration in the terms of a reservation caused by events beyond Orlando Home Away’ss control, including, but not restricted to war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations airport closure, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood or industrial dispute. There will be no credit given for shortened stays due to late arrival or early departure for any reason and no credit given for cancellation due to weather conditions.
20. Force Majeure
There may be circumstances beyond Orlando Home Away’s control and contemplation, in which the property might not be available for the reservation. Examples of these include but are not limited to, destruction of property, sale of property, water, gas or sewer leaks, fire or any other damage to the property making it inhabitable or potentially inhabitable. In the event of Force Majeure, Orlando Home Away will do its best to make alternative arrangements for the guest whenever possible. If Orlando Home Away is unable to do so or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to the guest, then Orlando Home Away will refund all monies paid. If the guest accepts the alternative accommodation, they agree to relocate back to the original property when it is deemed available by Orlando Home Away. This will be the full extent of Orlando Home Away’s liability to the guest, and Orlando Home Away will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
21. Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to the following penalty percentages of the total rental fee:
- 20% from initial date of booking up to 30 days prior to the arrival date (the rental deposit is non-refundable).
- 50% if less than 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- 75% if less than 15 days prior to the arrival date.
- 100% if less than 5 days prior to the arrival date.
The guest is reserving a specific property for specific dates. The dates and the property cannot be changed, doing so would effectively be canceling the original reservation, and so the cancellation policy would apply.
If the length of stay is allowed to be reduced from the original dates at Orlando Home Away’s discretion, the cancellation policy will apply to the nights that have been canceled. The minimum night stay requirement at the time of booking must be met at all times. Rental nights cannot be canceled if they reduce the total number of nights stay below this minimum.
Cancellations of the arrangement due to non-payment of the balance by the due date will result in a loss of all monies. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
Orlando Home Away reserves the right to cancel any reservation made as a result of an error, omission or other unforeseen circumstances. This includes verbal, written or website errors which may affect the price, availability or type of property rented.
Orlando Home Away advertises rental properties under its own management as well as other local management. This agreement is in effect for any rental property booked through Orlando Home Away.
If the rental property must be changed due to any circumstances, this agreement will apply to the new rental property.
All descriptions given on the websites are made in good faith and Orlando Home Away accepts no liability whatsoever for errors or omissions.
Please consider the optional Travel Insurance to protect against unforeseen cancellations.